WHITE PLAINS, N. Y., Oct. 9--Bishop William T. Manning of New York will preach at the services in connection with the dedication of the additions to the Church of St. James the Less in Scarsdale tomorrow morning. The choir will be vested for the first time and in the processional there will be the church-wardens, the architect, Hobart Upjohn, and members of the vestry.
Several memorial gifts will be dedicated at the same time. The organ is in memory of Mrs. Sanger B. Steel and is the gift of Mr. Steel, Mrs. William H. Warren [recte Mrs. William S. Warren], mother of Mrs. Steel, and Mr. and Mrs. L. Parsons Warren. The chancel window is given by John R. Ross in memory of his wife, Mrs. Lucy Benton Ross. The credence table is in memory of Grace Jackson Budd, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Berne Budd, and the processional cross is a memorial to the Rev. Charles J. Mason.
[ New York Times, 9 October 1926]
[ Steel family | Warren Steel | UM Home ]