Sanger - Steel - Warren Bibliography
- Africa, J. Simpson, History of Huntingdon and Blair Counties,
Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: L.H. Everts, 1883.
- Baldwin, Elmer, History of La Salle County, Chicago: Rand
McNally & Company, 1877.
- Blairsville Historical Record, 1760-1947.
Blairsville: The Young Men's Volunteer Fire Department, .
- Carvel, J.L. "John
Steel of Waterhead." The Hamilton
- A Cloud of Witnesses for the Royal Prerogatives of Jesus Christ;
being the last speeches and testimonies of those who have suffered for the
truth in Scotland since the year 1680. Edinborough, 1714; with
historical and explanatory notes by John H. Thompson, Edinborough, 1871.
- Durrie, Daniel Steele. A Genealogical History of John
and George Steele (Settlers of Hartford, Conn., 1635-36) and Their
Descendants, with an appendix, containing genealogical information
respecting other families of the same name who settled in different
parts of the United States. Enlarged edition. Albany, N.Y.:
J. Munsell, 1862, p. 157. [The first edition was 1859.]
- Evans, Nelson W., and Emmons B. Stivers. History of Adams County,
Ohio, from its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time, including Character
Sketches of the Prominent Persons Identified with the First Century of
the County's Growth. West Union, Ohio: E.B. Stivers, 1900, pp.
- Genealogical and Biographical Record of Kendall and
Will Counties, Illinois. Chicago: Biographical Publishing Co., 1901.
- Greenshields, J.B. Annals of the Parish of Lesmahagow.
Edinburgh: The Caledonian Press, 1864.
- In Memory of the Rev. David Steele, D.D., LL.D.
Philadelphia: Allen, Lane & Scott, 1907.
- The History of Will County, Illinois. Chicago: William
Le Baron, Jr., 1878.
- Jackson, James R., ed. History of Littleton, New Hampshire.
rev. and enl. by Ezra & Stearns. Cambridge, Mass.: The University Press,
- The Land Owner Chicago: J.M. Wing, vol. 5, no. 3,
- McClaughry, Charles C. Genealogy of the Beach family of
Ct., with portions of the genealogies of the allied families of
Demmond, Walker, Gooding & Carpenter. 1905.
- McLeish, Robert S. True
Steel: A covenanting drama in one act. Glasgow: Brown, Son &
- Portraits and Biographies of the Fire Underwriters of
the City of Chicago. Chicago: Charles T. Rothermel & Co.,
- Register of the Privy Council of Scotland, (30
volumes). Edinburg: H.M. General Reg. House, 1877.
- Scott, William Winfield. History of Passaic and Its
Environs. New York and Chicago: Lewis Historical Publishing
- Steele, Campbell. "Some Steeles in Lesmahagow and Their
Descendants," The Scottish Genealogist.
- Steele, David. Reminiscences Historical and Biographical
of a Ministry in the Ref'd Presbyterian Church During Fifty-Three
Years. Philadelphia: William Syckelmoore, 1883.
- Sterrett, Thomas Woods, The Sterrett Genealogy, Families of
Pennsylvania, Virginia, Canada & Others. New Haven, Conn.: The
Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor company, 1930.
- The United States Biographical Dictionary and Portrait
Gallery of Eminent and Self-made Men (Illinois Volume).
Chicago: American Biographical Publishing Co., 1876.
- Thomson, Charles. "Notices, etc." Manuscript, Lesmahagow Parish
- Thompson, John H., The Martyr Graves of Scotland: being the
travels of a country minister in his own country. Second series.
Edinburgh: Johnstone, Hunter, & Co., 1877.
- Gertrude Van Rensselaer Wickham, The Pioneer Families of
Cleveland, 1796 - 1840, vol. 1 & 2, Under the Auspices of
The Executive Committee of the Woman's Department of the Cleveland
Centennial Commission, 1896, pp. 460-61.
- Wiley, Samuel T. and Henry W. Ruoff, eds.
Biographical and Portrait Cyclopedia of Schuylkill County,
Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: Rush, West and Co., 1893, pp. 624, 667,
- Zubrinsky, Eugene Cole. "The Family of William(2) Carpenter
of Rehoboth, Massachusetts, With the English Origin of the Rehoboth
Carpenters." The American Genealogist 70 (October 1995):193-204.
[Reassessment of the English origins of William Carpenter (1605-1660)
and his wife Abigail Briant.]
[ Steel family |
Warren Steel |
UM Home ]