2011     Applied Mathematics, PhD
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
Major/ Minor : Statistics/ Biostatistics
Advisor: Professor Nikolai Chernov
2004/1     Mathematics, MSc/BSC
Jordan University of Science and Technology
Research area: Functional analysis
Advisor: Professor Saleh Abdullah
Statistics and Numerical analysis and their applications to geometric fitting problems such as circle and ellipse fittings to data. Also, I am interested in some fundamental applications in computer vision such as fundamental matrix and homography.
||Visiting Assistant Professor
|| Department of Mathematics
||University of Mississippi, MS, US
||Visiting Research Fellow
|| Department of Computer Science
||Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
|Jan 2007-May 2011
|| Graduate Teaching Assistant
||Department of Mathematics
|| UAB, AL, US
| Aug 2006-Jan 2007
||Graduate Teaching assistant
||Department of Mathematics and Statistics
||Central Michigan University, MI, US
|Aug 2005-Aug 2006
||Department of Mathematics and Statistics
|| King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia
|Aug 2001-Aug 2005
|| Math Teacher
|| Yarmouk University, Jordan
- A. Al-Sharadqah, N. Chernov. Error analysis for circle fitting algorithms. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 3: 886-911, 2009.
- A. Al-Sharadqah, N. Chernov. Statistical analysis of curve fitting methods in Errors-In-Variables models, Theory of probability and Mathematical Stat. Journal, 84 (2011), 4-17.
- A. Al-Sharadqah, N. Chernov, Q. Huang. Errors-In-Variables regression and the problem of moments, Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics (to appear)
- A. Al-Sharadqah, N. Chernov. A doubly optimal ellipse fit, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 56 (2012), 2771-2781
- A. Al-Sharadqah, K. Kanatani, N. Chernov, and Y. Sugaya. Renormalization Returns: Hyper-renormalization and Its Applications, Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2012), October 2012, Florence (Firenze), Italy, Vol. 3, pp. 385-398.
- A. Al-Sharadqah, K. Kanatani, N. Chernov, and Y. Sugaya. Hyperaccurate renormalization and its applications in computer vision (submitted to International Journal of Computer Vision).
- A. Al-Sharadqah, N. Chernov, K. Kanatani, and Y. Sugaya, Hyper-renormalization (in Japanese), IPSJ Technical Report, Vol. 2012-CVIM-180, No. 23, January 2012, pp. 1--8.
- A. Al-Sharadqah, N. Chernov, K. Kanatani, and Y. Sugaya, Hyper-renormalization: Multiple constraints (in Japanese), IPSJ Technical Report, Vol. 2012-CVIM-181, No. 21, March 2012, pp. 1--8.
Manuscripts and Papers in Preparation
A. Al-Sharadqah. Further statistical analysis for circle fitting algorithms. (manuscript).
A. Al-Sharadqah. Structural model in EIV regression. (in preparation).
A. Al-Sharadqah. Extended Kanatani Cramer Rao lower bound (in preparation).
A. Al-Sharadqah, K. Kanatani, Y. Kanazawa, and Y. Sugaya. 3-D reconstruction from three images (in preparation).
A. Al-Sharadqah and M. Matalgah. Adaptive decode-and-forward cooperative diversity systems with best- and worst-relay selection: Statistical modeling and performance analysis (in preparation).
- Some theoretical results in circle fitting, Dept. of Computer Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan.
- Hyper-accurate renormalization and its applications in computer vision, Dept. of Math, OleMiss, University-MS.
- Some theoretical facts in circle fitting. Okayama University, Japan July 19,2012.
- A novel Algorithm for ellipse fitting. Joint Mathematics Meetings #1067, New Orleans, LA, January 6-9, 2011.
- Novel ellipse fitting algorithms based on generalized Eigen-value problem. The 4th Annual Graduate Student Probability Conference April 30-May 2 2010. Duke University, Durham, North Carolina.
- Recent progress in the EIV regression analysis 1057Th AMS meeting, March 27 2010. University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
- Statistical analysis of curve fitting methods in the Errors-In-Variables model, 34th SIAM Southeastern Atlantic Section Conference March 20-21, 2010, North Carolina State University.
- Statistical analysis of curve fitting methods in the Errors-In-Variables model, Graduate Student Research Day, Feb. 26 20010. UAB, Birmingham-AL.
- Fitting circles to scattered data: parameter estimates have no moments, 3rd Annual Graduate Student Conference in Probability May 1-3 2009. University of North Carolina (UNC), NC.
- Error analysis for circle fitting algorithms, Second SIAM Gators Student Conference March 2009. University of Florida (UF), Gainesville, FL.
- Error analysis for circle fitting algorithms", Graduate Student Research, third place, Feb. 25 2009. UAB, Birmingham-AL.
- Fitting geometric curves in Error-in-Variables models", 1044Th AMS meeting, Oct. 25 2008. University of Alabama at Huntsville (UAH), Huntsville-AL.
- On Spaces of Distributions with Restricted Exponential Growth", Oct. 2005. King Khalid University, Abha-Saudi Arabia.
- Summer graduate workshop in 'Random Matrix Theory'. Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) Berkeley, California. Sponsored by MSRI. (July 6 - 17, 2009)
- Workshop on Teaching Mathematics at the University Level, Central Michigan University (CMU), Mount Pleasant, MI. (September 3-14, 2006)
- Outstanding PhD student in the Department of Mathematics at UAB, 2010-2011.
- GAF Fellowship, in the Department of Mathematics at UAB, 2007-2011.
- 3rd Place in Graduate Student Research day 2009, UAB.
- Undergraduate Fellowship. Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan 1997- 2001.
Hume Hall Room 308
Phone: (662) 915-7436
Email: My email